Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine wreathes

      Today, we were lucky enough to get about 20 inches of snow, so school was closed, so I didn't have work-yippee!! This was what I was looking at this AM when I decided to get my crafting mojo going!(you can tell I've been cooped up a little too long!!!!)

As you all know by now, I love to make wreathes. So with the big "love" day around the corner, I thought I would make some projects that I can enjoy!  The heart shaped wicker wreath is attached to another larger round wreath.  I found some wooden hearts in my stash and with an overabundance of chalkboard vinyl(clueless how that happened!), I covered the plain wood up, wrote on them with a chalk marker and let them dangle to their heart's content!! (no pun intended-lol). 







  The second, heart shaped, wreath I wrapped with red ribbon.  I then attached red felt circlets all over with hot glue. From there, a small piece of felt was scalloped and attached to the back with hot glue to hang it!  Later, I tried it on top of a circle of silver leaf leaves forming a ring. Haven't decided where it'll land but I love it! Gotta fly- Claire
I'm linking up to Beyond the Picket Fence Under $100 party and Cheap Thrills Thursday at Black Kat Designs!
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the deep red one with the roses!~
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ver pretty, the roses are divine. Thanks for sharing at Beyond the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!! Great job, girly! I think I'll whip myself up a rose heart wreath..so festive! So glad you shared this at Frou Frou Decor! Have a great rest of the weekend!
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments-love to hear from you!