Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter Egg Embellishments

There are so many "egg"ceptional ideas in bloggyville-
The Easter crafts have been so creative-
I bought a cheap bag of plastic eggs with no ideas-
Puffy paint came to mind on a stroll through JoAnn's-
Lots of dots and stripes-
so far, this is what it looks like-
Next, the spray paint all over the eggs and puff paint
Trying to eliminate the pastels-
going with a tone on tone look!

A styrofoam ball became the base and I started to glue


So far, so good!
Now, to fill in the empty spots
 where the ugly syrofoam peaks through-
instead of the usual filler I use-
I spyed some shredded paper used in gift baskets and bags
It was cream colored so it coordinated well with the eggs!
Here is the final product-

I love it-
The monochromatic coloration is exactly what I was looking for-lol
sounds like I'm creating a richly enveloped room
with the same colors but different textures-haha
It's plastic eggs-people!!!!!!!!

So...
What do you think? 
Was it worth the # of steps?
My only problem was the spray paint-
I didn't use my old standby Krylon or even Rustoleum
I used Design Master Vanilla-only for the perfect cream color
but it's mainly used for dry florals- silly me-
what was I thinking (the problem-I wasn't thinking!!)
It had a hard time staying on the plastic eggs-
Krylon, for plastic, in white,
 would have made it much simpler therefore, quicker!

Well, take care
Gotta fly- Claire

linking up to
HookingupwithHoHPhotobucket



Enhanced by Zemanta

24 comments:

  1. I love it! looks amazing! I was just thinking of decoupaging some pretty paper to my plastic easter eggs but I love the look of these:) Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Draga moja ovo je baš lijepo,prekrasan stolni aražman za Uskrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire, What a fun idea. I once used a Martha Stuart idea, and made these beautiful Easter eggs. I staged them with cute props and took some fun photos. After the holiday and eggs were long gone. I finally finished the roll of film and had it processed. When I picked up the photos I had forgotten that I had put black and white film in the camera, so my beautiful bright eggs came out to be a mixture of gray, as did the rest of my Easter pictures. Thank God for digital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT idea!! I love the textured detail, but simplicity of one color! Great job!!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great, and beautiful too. What a great idea. I am following you through the hop. http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
    www.reneeahand.com
    Thanks
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Really they look great!!!

    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea Claire! "Do I have the time to make one before Easter?" Hmm? I am now your newest follower. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll be up to next.

    Blessings from The OC,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! glad i found a fellow creative mind on this weekend's hop :)
    www.dr-momma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. It looks great and seems simple enough to make!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Following you now :)
    Hope you can stop by too http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the eggs but what you did takes it to a whole other level! What a pretty arrangement! I'm doing a monochromatic look in my living/dining room so I need to bookmark this for next year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS is gorgeous!!! Simply beautiful :) I will definitely have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Totally worth it! And I love the early step with the colorful eggs n' puff paint, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the cute dots...a very neat texture. :) I think your project turned out very cute!

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Hope you'll stop Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute that is! Love the texture that the puffy dots, etc. add to the eggs. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that looks fantastic! Just that bit 'different' too which makes it all the more appealing!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable!!!! A very creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable!

    Thanks for linking up to Smile With Me Saturday!

    http://alittlenosh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Claire - Love the designs you have added to the eggs - very cute! I have featured these today. Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. The eggs are textured and so oh pretty! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good idea and neat results. Enjoyed the humor too! I'm here by way of Brambleberry's Time Travel Thurs. Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a really cute project. It turned out great. Thanks for linking it up and would you please put a link back to the HSH party in this post. And, have a lovely Easter!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it!
    Thank you so much for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} and making my first party such a great success! I would love if you stopped by tomorrow and share more of your cute projects! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Claire, I love this idea...so creative! Thanks for joining my Open House party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind comments-love to hear from you!